The 5st T.C.W. was set up as the 5th Pursuit Group at Hang-zhou in 1936. In 1943,the 5th T.F.G. came after the jurisdiction of the Chinese-American Composite Wing.
In 1953, the Reconnaissance Unit was deployed to the Group and augmented the Group to the 5th T.F.W. and named as the 5st Tactical Composite Wing in 1976. In 1998, the 5st T.C.W. was deployed to Hualien Air Force Base.
The 5st T.C.W. has a great history of combat. During the Sino-Japanese War, ourpilot shot down more than 200 aircrafts.
During the August 14th Air Campaign against the PLAF in 1958, we had created 21 Migkilled After the battle, Late President Chiang Kai-Shek awarded the Flag of Honor to the Wing. Besides, the 12th Tactical Reconnaissance Group penetrated in the Mainland carried out the reconnaissance missions successfully. The Photographic Technical Group was subordinated to the Wing in 1998. All members of the Wing will continue to work closely and keep combat readiness to maintain the strait of Taiwan and Regional stability.
Update Date: 2017/12/05