The institute was organized by combining the previous Air Force Mechanics School and the Air Force Communication Electronics School. The Air Force Aviation Mechanics School was established on March 16, 1936 in Nanchang, Jiangxi Province. The Air Force Communication Electronics School was established in the Spring of 1937 and were originally the communication personnel training class of the National Air Force School. The Air Force Communication School was established to the order of the late President Chiang Kai-Shek who was the first principal of the school. In 1948, both schools were relocated to Gangshan. In July 1957, the Air Force Communication School was reorganized as the Air Force Communication Electronics School. In July 1996, both the mechanics school and communication schools have accomplished the missions for the time and was ordered to merge into the “Air Force Technology Academy” responsible for the training of professional military officers and NCO in aviation mechanics, civil engineering, technology and supply, communication electronics, flight control, and meteorology. This institute helps to training professional solders in aviation for the armed forces of the ROC. On August 1, 2002, the institute was approved under the evaluation of the Ministry of Education as the “Air Force Institute of Technology” in the wake of the development of defense technology and reform of vocational education of the country.
Good quality of English learning environment
The ultralight aircraft developed by the faculties of the institute
We treasure humanity and science education
Student extracurricular activities