After the victory in the War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression, the military was ordered to take over Songshan Airport under 22nd Regional Command Jun-Zi No. 1 dated October 1, 1945 and establish the “Air Force Songshan Station”, the predecessor of Songshan Air Force Base.
The Air Force Songshan Station was dissolved on July 1, 1947, and was organized as “Air Force 323rd Supply Detachment”. Since then, this base has undergone several changes and reorganization, including the “Air Force 265th Supply Squadron.” “Air Force Airport Logistics Squadron” and “Air Force Songshan Air Force Base Group” until June 1, 1966, which was organized as “Air Force Songshan Command” with the assignment of C-47 and C-118 aircrafts.
On August 1, 1973, 7 C-54 aircrafts were assigned to the special squadron to perform special missions. On May 1, 1975, the command was ordered to take over 1 C-54 and 1 U-3 for strengthening the combat power. The 7 C-54s were officially decommissioned on June 23, 1982 and were replaced by 4 Boeing 727 jetliners to assume the duties of air transports. The special squadron was expanded on August 1, 1983 and was renamed as special duty fleet for fortifying the missions of the special duty fleet. The command purchased 10 BH-1900 and 2 EBH-1900 in May 1988 for the special duty fleet to take over the duties previously performed by the C-47. The new fleet was officially established on September 30, 1989. The C-47 were totally decommissioned in July 1,994. The China-America B-720 presidential aircraft was officially de-commissioned on September 27, 1991 at 00:00, and flew to The Air Force Academy Museum at Gangshan. The duty of the B-720 was taken over by the B-727. We dispatched our personnel to The Netherlands for discussion on the purchase of the Fokker F-50 on January 23, 1992, and the Fokker fleet was formed on May 1 of the same year. The B-727 model code 2722 was officially de-commissioned as the presidential carrier and transferred to AIDC at CCK Air Force Base for custody. The Air Force went to the Brion Corporation, USA for the leasing of one B-737-400 as the presidential carrier, with the successful delivery of the plane on October 1, 1998. This aircraft started its function as the presidential carrier on October 12 of the same year. The command was ordered by the Air Force General Command Headquarters under Order 1357 to “Review on the streamlining program and equipment and staffing” dated November 1, 1999 thereby dissolved the motor vehicle fleet, base logistics squadron, maintenance squadron, supply squadron, and fuel squadron, and establish the Maintenance and Repair Squadron and Base Logistics Squadron (the commander is a colonel). We purchased a B-737-800 on February 7, 2000, and turned this aircraft into the presidential carrier on March 20, 2000. We cancel the lease with Brion Corporation, USA on the leasing of the B-737-400 in April of the same year.
The command is equipped with the B-737-400 jetliner, Fokker F-50 aircrafts, and BH-1900. All the aviation and technical personnel of the command work hand-in-hand to perform the duties of flying the presidential carrier and all special duty of the fleet and related exercise drills.
Exhibition of various types of aircrafts
Flag Raising Ceremony
The Privatization Ceremony of the Maintenance and Repair Group
Patching team private ceremony